Thursday, July 8, 2010

Happy Father's Day...a little late


So we celebrated a big holiday a few weeks ago and even though I am late blogging about it...we had a special day with the awesome men in our life.

The weekend started out crazy...and ended crazy. I had gone to Chicago for work and was supposed to get home Friday at 5 pm but because of bad weather, wasn't able to get home until 7pm Saturday. Needless to say, that messed up my plans for planning something for Duke and I was bummed about that. Not to mention that I had no make-up, clothes, shoes, hair dryer, curling iron, etc. until Monday so I wasn't a happy wife to be around....which means he deserved a WONDERFUL Father's Day even more! Let's just say that I DID NOT earn any points in the Wife of the Year department this year!

Thank you Duke for loving me even though I am far from perfect. Thank you for loving me and all of my grumpy moods when Delta looses my luggage. Thank you for having dinner cooked and ready for me (with flowers waiting) when I finally got home Saturday evening. Thank you for NOT being mad at me when I didn't eat a single bite of that dinner because I was too tired (and if I am super honest...too grumpy). Thank you for letting ME sleep in on Father's Day. Thank you for loving Addison the way that you do and showing her what true love looks like. Thank you for being silly with me and for playing princess with Addison. I fall in love with you again and again when I watch you with Addison.

I love you!

No comments: