Monday, July 12, 2010

Camp Kidzu!

We are at Camp Kidzu (our church's version of Vacation Bible School) this week!

Addison had a wonderful first day and it dawned on me as I was getting her ready that this was her "first day of camp!" All of a sudden she looked so big to me and like so many moments likely, I realized she is growing up.

Today, Addison learned about Peter and how God frees him from prison. After camp, when I asked her what she learned she replied, "About a guy named Peter." After a few more questions from me, she told me that Peter was sent to jail. When I asked her why Peter was sent to jail, she replied, "For saying bad words like hate." Oh well! At least she got some of the story right and I know she was listening. I did however use that moment to reinforce the fact that we do not use the word "hate"...a word that she has learned from somewhere and Duke and I are extremely ready for her to forget.

Stay tuned for some fun pictures (and I'm sure stories) as we enjoy this week with our friends!

No comments: