Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Special times with special friends!

You know how you have those friends that you honestly can't remember ever not being friends with?? It's almost like life started and BOOM they were there? I have to say that I am fortunate to have a few of those types of girlfriends and I am SO thankful for each of them! We can go a month and not talk and then when we do, it's like no time has passed at all. LOVE,LOVE, LOVE them! Don't know what I would do without them!

The Skalon's got to see one of these girlfriends of mine over the holidays and it was WONDERFUL as always to see her (and her great hubby)! Lena and I grew up living right next door to each other from the time I was four and she was two. Four and two!! Crazy, huh? My parents lived in that house for over 2o years and moved out the summer I got married - Lena's parents still live there - and that's a LONG time to live next door to someone. I have so many memories with her and her family and I can only hope that we build that same type of relationship with our neighbors here in Ivey Chase. It's really neat to think that Lena and I are at the same point in our lives that our parents were when they each moved into that that subdivision in Lawrenceville and now we are getting to raise our families together. Pretty neat..... :)

Lena now lives in Nashville with her awesome husband Jason and we love visiting with them when they come into town. We grabbed dinner with them over the holidays and played catch up on all the exciting things we have going on and of course, snapped a few pictures....


Pretty girls!

Look how much Addison has grown over the years:


(Barely a year old)


(Just turned 2)


(Three and crazy) :)

Since Addison was up (it was WAY past her bedtime) we decided to attempt a group shot...at least we're all in the picture! :)



We had such a fun night catching up with the Cox's and can't wait to see them again soon!

No comments: