Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Happy 60th Birthday Daddy!

Today is my Dad's 60th birthday! 60!!! Can you believe it? It seems so weird to me that he is turning 60! (Sorry Dad!) ;)

If anyone deserves to have an awesome birthday, it's my Dad. My Dad is one of the most selfless people I know and has always put our families needs and wants before his own. Even now that my brother and I are grown, most of the time it seems like you have to beg my Dad to purchase something for himself. I think Duke wishes everyday that I would have inherited this trait from him. Hee Hee!

I am lucky to have a wonderful relationship with my Dad and the older I get, the more I realize how precious that relationship is to me. I was definitely a Daddy's Girl growing up and still am to this day. I have learned so many wonderful things from him and I can't wait for him to teach Addison so many of the same things. I love to watch the two of them interact with each other and watch her bring out the "soft" side of him (Yes, Dad....you have one!). :)

Thank you Dad for always being there for me no matter how big or small my problem was. Thank you for coming over to my apartment and putting my very first Christmas tree together for me. Thank you for leaving your golf game to come and rescue me when I was stranded on the highway when my car had "died"....(it really was just out of gas!). Thank you for teaching me how to balance a checkbook and save money (Duke also thanks you for that one!). Thank you for teaching me to always believe in myself and listen to Margo...the rest will be easy.

Most of all, thank you loving me and ALWAYS believing in me.

Happy 60th Birthday!!! I love you!

2 comments:

The old fat guy with white hair said...

Thanks Margo for the b'day wishes and such a glowing tribute....not sure I deserve it. Many of you have heard me say for years...."Deborah raised two incredible kids" and as Margo and Adam get older Debs' talents become more apparent.

Anonymous said...

Margo you are an amazing child! It makes me tingle inside to know that you feel that way about your family. You never know but always hope that when you are raising your kids that one day they will understand why you did the things you did and I know that I am the blessed one. You and Adam have far exceeded any expectations that I as a mom could have ever hoped for. Addison is a very lucky girl to have two wonderful role models as parents. You and Duke are the best. Its like watching me and Harry all over again. We love you all soooo much!
Thanks Harry for the comment about me raising two incredible kids but I do believe we did it together.