Tuesday, April 12, 2011

A Peak Into Braxton's Room...

Here's a quick sneak peak into Braxton's room as we try to put the finishing touches on everything before he makes his big debute...

It's no secret that Duke and I had a tough time agreeing on bedding that we both liked for this little guy, but we both agreed on this set and I couldn't have been happier with it when it arrived.

Duke did the wainscoting on the walls and we chose a green to go on top so the room wouldn't be "so blue"...



Next, I set out to make this cornice board...and I have to admit that I'm pretty darn proud of how it turned out since I am probably the least "crafty" person you could know.

First, I measured (yes, Duke helped with this part) and cut two pieces of foam board the same length has the windows in his room. Then, I used Duct Tape (Yep! Duct Tape) and taped them together. Next, I wrapped the foam board with batting and covered it with Burlap. Time consuming, but Pretty Darn Easy!

It looked like this when I was done...

I measured out circles using newspaper before I cut them out of brown fabric so I could play around with the placement a little bit before I attached them onto the cornice board.

After I decided exactly where I wanted them to go on the board and how big I needed them to be, I cut the circles out of brown fabric and took them and had them monogrammed.

And this is the final product! Not too bad, huh???

Then my "Oh So Talented" girlfriend, Melissa, painted these two pictures to hang over his dresser and they look adorable in his room. Thanks Melissa!


We have added a few things that I need to snap some photos of but it's coming together slowly but surely. Can't wait to have him in this room, hope he likes it! :)

No comments: