Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Happy Birthday Addison!

Wow! I can not believe that Addison is truly 3 years old today! Where have these last 3 years gone? I remember that the first year seemed to last forever and that the second year went by quickly but the third year has just flown by!

Each year I say that I think the past year has been my favorite with her and I feel the same way this year. It has been so neat to watch her learn over this past year and grow into such a sweet little girl. She truly has such a kind heart and I love that about her! I love to just sit and watch her play with her friends and see her little personality come out.

Here are some things that Addison is into right now:

1). BABIES!!! She adores them! Real ones, fake ones, pictures of them...it doesn't matter - she loves them!

2). Everything is Why? or Why not? It really doesn't matter what you say to her, you will probably get one of those two responses. By the end of the day, I am out of reasons.

3). I know she is my child but I happen to think she's pretty darn smart. She knows her phone number, her address and birthday and almost knows the days of the week. She knows all of her colors and can count to 20. She knows all of her shapes and really, really, really wants to tie her shoes (we're not there yet but CLOSE...real close). She knows the names of everyone in mine and Duke's side of the family and can tell you who is who's brother, sister, mom or dad.

4). She loves to swim and has no fear of the water. She learned to swim without any help from a life vest or water wings over the summer and loves to dive down to the bottom of the pool and retrieve dive sticks.

5). She loves animals...all kinds expect snakes and spiders (and I hope this stays that way). :)

Addison, you are growing into such a kind and considerate little girl and your Daddy and I are so proud of you! I look at you all the time and can not believe that God as trusted me with such a precious gift. I hope you always know how loved you are and grow up to realize that you can do ANYTHING you set your mind to.

Happy 3rd Birthday sweet girl! We love you so much!


Addison at her 1st Birthday:



Addison at her 2nd Birthday:



Addison at her 3rd Birthday:

1 comment:

Jessica said...

I can't believe Addison is 3 either! Time really does go too fast. We have loved being a part of her life and having the pleasure of watching her grow. She is just cuter and sweeter everyday. We love you Addison!