Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Happy 4 years to us!

Duke and I were married for 4 years August 20th! Wow! Some days it seems like we've been married for 14 years and then others it seems like we've only been married for 1 year. Either way, it's been a fun 4 years!

Yes - our anniversary falls two days after his birthday and No I didn't pick our wedding date around that, although, looking back, it was a pretty good idea. I guarantee you, he'll never forget our wedding anniversary!

I love looking back on the day we got married. We were married at Chateau Elan on the HOTTEST day of 2005. We had such a fun wedding and everything (other than the fact that my flowers showed up wrong) was perfect. We had such a good time that when the limo driver showed up to "take us away" - we sent him away. He was nice enough to sign our wedding photo and include his phone number on it. Nice! Maybe we should try and cash in on that ride one day soon?!?

I also love looking back on how far we've come together as a couple. Most of you know the story of how Duke and I met and how we had met years before when we were both really young (one of us younger than the other!). HeeHee! We are a perfect example of when something is meant to be...it will be and I LOVE that. I thank God everyday that he let us run into each other again that night. We've come a long way together...From a young couple excited about buying a house, trying to juggle stressful jobs and the promise of a new company, to two people committed to our future together and our amazing daughter.

Thank you honey for four fabulous years! Thank you for loving me even though I can be messy at times. Thank you for loving me even though I don't cook every night and thank you for loving me enough to let us keep Belle even though you can't stand her. :)

I can't wait to see what God has in store for us!

Finally...Mr. and Mrs. Skalon!





Our amazing wedding party!

Nicole's daughter Halie, who was one of my flowers girls.

Mom surprised me and had Lena sing, "In My Daughter's Eye's" to me.

My two favorite men in the world!




1 comment:

Jessica said...

Your wedding day was so fun! I'll always remember it! Happy anniversary to a fabulous couple! Now, we have to take our 5 year trip together next year!!!!