Tuesday, September 7, 2010

First Day of Pre-School

Dear Addison,

Today was your very first day of Pre-school and you did wonderful! In fact, you did MUCH better than me and I was so thankful I had sunglasses on when I dropped you off so you didn't see the tears running down my cheeks. We had a great morning at home before you left for school and you were so excited that today was the day you FINALLY got to wear your backpack. Your Daddy and I purchased a small Guardian Angel pin for you and we pinned it into the inside of it for you. You absolutely loved it and couldn't wait to show your teacher and tell her that the angel meant that Jesus, Mommy and Daddy were always with you. You have such a kind heart and we are so proud of the little lady you are becoming!

Here are a few pictures I took of you before we left:

This is the angel pin that Daddy and I got for you...

You were all smiles in the carpool line and as you can tell in this photo, quite excited...

Sweet Addison, I am not ready for you to be old enough to attend any type of school, but I know that you are going to LOVE this and will have so much fun. It was so strange going back to the house after I dropped you off and not having you there. The house was WAY to quiet and I got nothing accomplished because I watched the clock all morning and wondered what you were doing.

I couldn't wait for 12:30 PM to roll around so I could go and pick you up. I was so excited to see your smiling face come around the corner!

You shared lots of fun stories with me on the way home and said you were excited to go back tomorrow. I am so thankful you had a wonderful first day...but please stop growing up!

I love you!!

Mom

No comments: