Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Annual Beach Trip

Every year we pack up and head to Myrtle Beach for a week at the beach with my parents. My parents started taking my brother and I there probably 14 years ago and it's been neat to carry this tradition on with my family.

Each year the trip has gotten easier as Addison as gotten older and each year our car weighs less and less (which Duke and my Dad are VERY thankful for!). This year, Addison and I headed down on Sunday with my parents and Duke joined us on Tuesday for the rest of the week. Addison did GREAT on the way down thanks to Dora the Explorer (she ALWAYS saves the day) and despite starting the questioning of, "Are we there yet?" five minutes into the trip...we were good.

Its fun to go back and look at pictures of Addison each year and how much she has grown. Here is a picture of her last year...

And look at the difference this year...

She still wasn't a huge fan of the beach this year but she did play in the ocean for about 30 minutes or so with her Daddy ('cause her Mother won't get in it!) but other than that...she preferred to stay at the pool. I did manage to snap a few photos of her before she decided the sand was "itching" her.



We did find this crab (at least he used to be) and she thought that was pretty neat...

This year we had lots to celebrate! Mom turned 29 again! Happy Birthday to the most beautiful lady I know!

And my handsome hubby turned 33 just three days later! Happy Birthday sweetheart! We love you!

And two days after that...Duke and I celebrated five years of marriage and enjoyed a nice dinner out while Mom and Dad watched Addison for us. (Thank you both SO much!!!)

PLUS...on top of all of that...my Dad accepted a job right before we left for the beach!!! CONGRATULATIONS Daddy! We are all so proud of all of your accomplishments and the way that you manage to remain so strong for our family no matter what is thrown your way. We love you!

To celebrate all of these blessings, Addison spent the week working on her swimming

Trying to fly...

And helping her Daddy work out all day, every day, as he threw her OVER and OVER!

We even worked on her balancing ability while we were there...

And like you always do on vacation...we celebrated with a little ice cream! Yum!!!

We even got to visit with Pat and John while we were there which was an added treat and has become quite the tradition!

The Four Divas! I have a photo of all four of us (in Myrtle Beach) starting from when I was about 6 months prego with Addie... I am SO blessed to have these women in my life!

We had a wonderful trip this year and are already looking forward to making more memories next year!

2 comments:

The Adams Family said...

Looks like you guys had so much fun! Love all the pictures. I think Addison gets prettier everytime I see a new picture. I remember the time I went to Myrtle Beach with you guys. We had so much fun. And mom took us to get the top of our ear pierced :) Fun times. Lot's of love to you all!

Anonymous said...

Yes we did have a blast! I love the icecream picture the best. Although Duke doing his balancing act with Addie was very cute too. So sorry little brother couldn't come this time but he will join us again one day.....maybe??????
Yes Baranda I will never forget the ear piercing episode. What a hoot that was! Maybe one day Margo and I can take you,Emily and Addison and have a girls trip.