Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Things they are a changing....

March has been a month of change for the Skalon's. As many of you know, I started a new job the last week of February and it was a change that didn't come easily.

For the past 2 1/2 years, I had been working for Hall County Magazine, a publication that I helped start with my dear friend Eryn and a wonderful woman that attends her church. Like anything that you start from the very beginning and pour so much into, it was a hard thing to leave. But sometimes opportunities fall into our laps and we know its time to move on. That doesn't mean that the choice is any easier and it's sad to know that you will no longer be a part of something that simply started as a conversation between two friends and a "dream." However, if the past 2 1/2 years have taught me anything (and believe me, they have taught me A LOT!), it's that anything you can dream and want badly enough, can come true. It has been great to watch something morph into a reality but I am looking forward to this next chapter.

So, as of February 22nd, I became an employee of Cox Target Media. It's been a change and we are adjusting. Going to work for a large company is extremely different than working for a company that has a total of 7 employees but it has it's benefits as well (one of those being just that...good benefits!). If you remember, I worked for Cox Communications for 4 years before I had Addison and it was a great company to work for, so I am excited to be under their umbrella again. I am still able to work from home and my territory is right in my own backyard so it truly was a great fit. Now if I can just learn all of the new stuff I need to know...we'll be in good shape. :)

The hardest part of this entire "change" was that I had to go down to our corporate office in Tampa, FL for a week and that almost did me in. Yep, I put my big girl panties on and navigated the airports of Atlanta and Tampa by myself! I learned a few secrets of "air travel" along the way and vowed I would never again take a late flight out of Atlanta when I have to be in a class by 7:30 AM the next morning. But, the trip itself was great and my brain was on information overload at the end of each day. Being away from Duke and Addison was so hard but thankfully we all survived (even Belle) and I owe a very special thanks to NaNa, Pop-Pop, Maw-Maw and Pa-Paw for feeding my crew while I was away.

No comments: