Monday, October 18, 2010

Fun at the Pumpkin Patch

We took Addison to pick out a pumpkin on Saturday and she had a blast. Every year, I look forward to doing this with her and this year was no different. This family outing always turns out the same way for the Skalons, let me enlighten you.....just for fun! :)

Addison could truly care less about which pumpkin we pick cause the other activities (pony rides, hay rides, face painting, etc.) are much more fun. It takes me FOREVER to pick out which pumpkin I want because I hate making decisions and although I know pumpkins grow on the ground...I like to attempt to find the one without a "flat spot" on the back...try it one year...its not easy! And then you have Duke, that gets tired of following me around, looking at pumpkin after pumpkin and finally says, "Just pick one Margo!" And that's how it usually ends! Although this year, Addison was old enough to get in on the "pickin' fun" and after we chose a big pumpkin, we got to head over to area with the "tiny baby pumpkins" as Addison calls them and start the "selection process" all over again...she really is a lot like me. Poor Duke! ;)

Truth is, she liked these bunnies a whole lot better than picking out any pumpkin and now all we've heard about is how much she wants a bunny....again, Poor Duke!

She actually did very good with them. I was scared she was going to squeeze the little guys too hard, but she was so gentle with them.

My camera died right after I snapped this picture but I LOVE it...a perfect shot of my two favorite people!

We're loving this fabulous weather and soaking up all the fun we can!

Happy Fall Y'all!

2 comments:

The old guy white hair. said...

Margo....this is hilarious. You are so much like your Mom....Duke and I have both of you to deal with...Lord give us strength!

Pop Pop

NaNa said...

Hey Pop Pop whats that mean???? You know you wouldn't have us any other way! It would be soooo boring. The pics are so cute Margo and I agree this is my favorite time of year too. You guys make the best fall pictures together. Needed to have one of you though. Lets get a bunny. I'll buy.