Tuesday, June 30, 2009

A Weekend of Firsts!

Addison had a very big day last Saturday! Not only did she get her ears pierced but she got her very first Barbie doll!
Addison and I headed to the mall on Saturday while Dad took some of his clients to the Braves game. We were almost ready to leave when Addison spotted a little girl getting her ears done at Claires's so we stopped and went in to watch. The girl was probably close to 7 or 8 so she didn't shed a tear (which I have to say helped greatly!). After the girl got done, Addison climbed right up into the chair and said, "Addie wants earrings!" I was so surprised and the girls who did the piercings kept saying how her excitement made their job SO much easier! I could tell by looking at Addie that we weren't getting out of that place without a pair of earrings in her ears! She did really well when they did them and when they showed her them in the mirror she said, "Looks pretty Mommy!" She is so proud of them!
After we left the mall, we headed over to Maw-Maw's (Duke's Mom's) house to show off our new bling. Duke's Mom has a HUGE collection of Barbie dolls and she let Addison take one home with her. Addison has carried this Barbie around with her everywhere the past few days....she is a well traveled doll and Addison loves her! I'm just praying we don't lose the TINY shoes she came with anytime soon. I can only imagaine the tears that would cause.

Since I didn't have my camera with me at the mall...this is her "I just got my ears pierced picture!"
Isn't this the CUTEST bag?
So proud!
I'm telling you...she LOVES the Barbie doll! Thanks Maw-Maw!



No comments: