Tuesday, July 28, 2009

It's a Zoo at NaNa and Pop-Pop's

Addison is starting to have her own little petting zoo over at my parents house and she loves it! At the beginning of the summer, we had a turtle that laid eggs in our backyard and we managed to find three of the babies. They were about the size of a quarter when we first found them and we have had so much fun watching them eat and grow over the past few months. They really do have the cutest personalities! We're not quite sure what we're going to do with them when they get bigger but for now they sure are cute! Then about a month ago, my Mom rescued two parakeets and Addison has named them Dora and Diego. It is so funny to watch her with them! Mom took her to Petsmart and let her pick out toys for them and I honestly think they came home with the entire store. I've never seen two birds that have more toys in their cage! Although, I would expect nothing less from my Mom. The birds are wonderful with Addison and she has really enjoyed loving on them. I'm not sure if the birds feel the same way or not but they tolerate her well. Every time she goes over there, she pulls EVERY one of the toys out of the cage (one by one) and shows it to the birds. She puts it right up to their face and ask, "You like this one??" It's so funny! So between turtles, birds, deer, doggies and fish, Addison is turning into quite the animal lover. I LOVE it!


Yes...they were smaller than this when we found them!


Dora & Diego


Addison loving on the birds


Kisses!


Showing them all of their toys and them trying to run!


Hope you guys are having as eventful of a summer as we are! Who knows what we'll come from the beach with!

2 comments:

Jessica said...

She has quite a bit of pets to love on! I think it's hilarious that the birds are sitting on a toothbrush in that one pic! Something to perch on!

The Skalon Family said...

The best part about that picture is that it's my Dad's toothbrush! He was THRILLED when he saw that picture. My poor Dad! I love him! :)